MATHEMATICS MASTER STUDY PROGRAM
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, STATE UNIVERSITY OF MALANG
College: State University of Malang
Faculty: Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Department: S2 Mathematics
Study Program: Masters in Mathematics
Prodi Code: -
Study Program Accreditation: B
Education level: S2
Qualification Level: 8
Graduate Degree: M.Si
VISION, MISSION, AND OBJECTIVES
Become a superior Mathematics Master Study Program and become a reference in the implementation of the tridharma of higher education in mathematics and its application at the national level in 2030.
- Organizing education and learning mathematics and its learner-centered application, using an effective learning approach, and optimizing the use of technology.
- Carrying out research in the field of mathematics and its application which is beneficial for the development of mathematics and the welfare of society.
- Organizing community service in the field of mathematics and its application which is oriented towards community empowerment.
- Organizing an autonomous, accountable, and transparent face-to-face master study program that ensures continuous quality improvement.
Degree Program Objectives
- Producing masters of mathematics graduates who are intelligent, religious, have a noble character, are independent, and are able to develop professionally.
- To produce superior scientific and creative work and become a reference in mathematics and its applications.
- To produce community service works in the field of mathematics and its application to create an independent, productive and prosperous society.
- To produce effective and efficient performance of master study programs to ensure the sustainable growth of the quality of the implementation of the Tridharma of Higher Education.
Based on the vision, mission, and objectives above, the profiles of the UM FMIPA UM Masters of Mathematics Study Program graduates are determined as follows.
- Mathematics Academics.
- Mathematics Researcher.
- Mathematical Model Designer
GRADUATE COMPETENCE STANDARD
The Master of Mathematics Study Program is designed to produce graduates who have the following competencies.
- Able to develop mathematics through reasoning and research based on logical, critical, systematic, and creative thinking.
- Able to model problems related to mathematics, especially in the field of algebra, and applied mathematics in other fields of science or practical problems.
- Able to solve problems related to mathematics, especially in algebra, and applied mathematics in other fields of science or to practical problems.
- Able to teach mathematics in college.
- Able to demonstrate learning culture and work ethic behavior.
- Able to collaborate with others and uphold scientific and professional ethics.
The learning outcomes produced by master level education must be equivalent to the level 8 qualification level in the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (KKNI) contained in Presidential Regulation number 8 of 2012, namely as follows.
- Able to develop knowledge, technology and / or art in their scientific field or professional practice through research, to produce innovative and tested work.
- Able to solve problems in science, technology, and / or art in their scientific field through an inter- or multidisciplinary approach.
- Able to manage research and development that is beneficial to society and science, and is able to get national or international recognition.