MATHEMATICS EDUCATION DOCTORAL STUDY PROGRAM
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, STATE UNIVERSITY OF MALANG
College: State University of Malang
Faculty: Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Study Program: S3 Mathematics Education
Prodi Code: -
Study Program Accreditation: B
Education level: S3
Qualification Level: 9
Graduate Degree: Dr.
VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVES, GRADUATE PROFILE AND COMPETENCY STANDARDS GRADUATES
Postgraduate Mathematics Education Doctoral Study Program UM as a center of excellence and a reference for the development of education, research, application of science and technology in mathematics education.
To produce mathematical education developers who have the competence to carry out analysis and develop discourses as an effort to improve the quality of mathematics education in Indonesia.
Degree Program Objectives
- Producing development staff in the field of mathematics education who have the competence to conduct analysis and develop discourses as an effort to improve the quality of mathematics education.
- Developing research in the field of mathematics education for the development of quality, relevant and competitive education.
- Organizing community service services based on the results of mathematics education research by building a healthy organization through strengthening governance, transparency, and imaging.
The profiles of graduates of the Mathematics Education Doctoral Study Program include:
- Senior Academic Mathematics Education.
- Main Researcher of Mathematics Education.
- Mathematics Education Expert Developer and Consultant
GRADUATE COMPETENCE STANDARD
The Mathematics Education Doctoral Study Program is designed to produce graduates who have the following competencies.
- Able to develop new knowledge, technology, and / or art in their scientific field or professional practice through research, to produce creative, original, and tested works.
- Able to solve problems in science, technology, and / or art in their scientific fields through inter, multi, and transdisciplinary approaches.
- Able to manage, lead, and develop research and development that is beneficial for the benefit of mankind, and is able to get national and international recognition.
Based on the qualifications of the Indonesian National Framework (KKNI) 2012 for level 9 (S-3) and the 2014 National Higher Education Standards, the Competency Standards for Postgraduate Education Study Program Graduates are stated in the Learning Outcomes of Mathematics Education Doctoral Study Program Graduates which are formulated as follows.
- Be devoted to God Almighty and able to show a religious attitude.
- Upholding human values in carrying out duties based on religion, morals and ethics.
- Contributing to improving the quality of life in society, nation, state, and advancement of civilization based on Pancasila.
- Acting as citizens who are proud and love the country, have nationalism and a sense of responsibility to the state and nation.
- Respect the diversity of cultures, views, religions and beliefs, as well as the original opinions or findings of others.
- Work together and have social sensitivity and care for the community and the environment.
- Obeying the law and discipline in social and state life.
- Internalizing academic values, norms and ethics.
- Demonstrate an attitude of responsibility for work in their field of expertise independently.
- Internalizing the spirit of independence, struggle, and entrepreneurship. Skills
- Able to find or develop new scientific theories / conceptions / ideas to contribute to the development and practice of science and / or technology that pays attention to and applies humanities values in their fields of expertise, by producing scientific research based on scientific methodology, logical, critical, systematic, and creative thinking. .
- Able to compile interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary or transdisciplinary research, including theoretical and / or experimental studies in the fields of science, technology, art and the resulting innovations in the form of a dissertation, as well as publishing 2 articles in indexed national and international scientific journals.
- Able to choose research that is appropriate, current, most advanced, and provides benefits to mankind through an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary or transdisciplinary approach, in order to develop and / or produce problem solving in the scientific, technological, artistic, or social fields, based on the results of studies on availability of internal and external resources.
- Able to develop a research roadmap with an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary approach, based on a study of the main research objectives and their constellation to broader targets.
- Able to compile scientific, technological or artistic arguments and solutions based on a critical view of facts, concepts, principles or theories that can be scientifically accountable and academic ethics, and communicate them through the mass media or directly to the public.
- Able to show academic leadership in the management, development and development of resources and organizations under their responsibility.
- Able to manage, including storing, auditing, securing, and retrieving data and information from research results that are under his / her responsibility.
- Able to develop and maintain collegial and peer-to-peer relationships within their own environment or through collaborative networks with research communities outside the institution.
- Able to analyze and solve problems through integrative studies of the use of mathematics in life, pedagogy, mathematics science, and management of mathematics education, so as to produce a conceptual framework (theory) that is useful for solving mathematics education problems.
- Able to analyze and solve science and technology problems through inter, multi, and transdisciplinary approaches, resulting in new methods for solving problems in mathematics education that are beneficial to society.
- Mastering the development of pedagogical and mathematical concepts and principles through the use of science and technology, so as to produce creative, innovative, original, and tested work through research that is beneficial to society.
- Mastering concepts and principles in developing planning, management, implementation, and evaluation through research studies, so as to produce quality, original, effective, efficient and tested mathematics education practices in mathematics education practices.
- Mastering concepts and principles in developing original, creative, innovative mathematics education practices through research and publications, resulting in an applicable educational theoretical framework.
- Able to develop research to obtain new theories in mathematics education and publish them at the national and international levels.
- Able to generate ideas, manage, and lead research that is beneficial for the benefit of society and the development of mathematics education.
- Able to develop mathematics education research independently